Investing carries a variety of risks and it’s important you understand them before making investment decisions
Throughout our site you’ll find reference to the sorts of risks you should consider. It’s important to bear these in mind as you browse through the site – you’ll find tips, ideas and information that help you sift through the wide range of investments available to choose those which are right for you.
As an account customer, you’ll also have access to expert advice from our resident experts on UK shares and investment trusts: at no extra cost, so do make use of them.
In addition to covering the risk issues in the context of the information you read, we’ve listed them here and added other factors you should be aware of when using our services, including this website.
General risk warnings
- If contemplating an investment or investment service, the customer should seek independent advice or make his/her own decisions as to the suitability of the investment or service.
- Share prices, their values and the income from them can go down as well as up and investors may get back less than their original investment.
- Past performance is not a guide to future performance.
- The extent and value of any tax advantages or benefits arising from the use of tax-advantaged services such as ISAs, SIPPs and CTFs will vary according to the individual’s circumstances. The levels and bases of taxation may also change.
Specific risk warnings
- The Share Centre, or a connected company, their clients, officers and employees may have a position or engage in transactions in any of the investments mentioned within its publications and on this web site.
- The Share Centre’s investment services and products are not available in countries where they are prohibited by local securities legislation. All customers are responsible for ensuring that under the laws of their home jurisdiction that they may lawfully enter this web site.
- The information contained within this web site is believed to be correct, but cannot be guaranteed. Any opinions expressed herein are given in good faith and may be subject to change without notice.
- Published information, including within the site, is not intended to constitute an offer or agreement to buy or sell investments and does not constitute a personal recommendation.
- No liability is accepted whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from any information in this web site, subject to the Rules of the Financial Services Authority and the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- The information contained in this website may be used and reproduced in hard copy form for customers’ own personal reference use only. The information may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed or transmitted to any other person or incorporated in any way into another document or other material without the prior written permission of The Share Centre.